Brennan Companies employs the finest craftsman and management personnel. Our company is focused on providing long-term value for our customers through excellent construction services and our staff is committed to the success of every project. As we continue on the path of excellence, we are always seeking high-quality people to join our team.
Project Manager | Mankato AND Minneapolis
The Project Manager will oversee all aspects of the commercial construction process, including estimating, project management, contract negotiations, planning and scheduling, and maintaining quality/schedule/budget goals. This position is based out of the Mankato office, with weekly (or as necessary) visits to the job sites.
- Direct and manage all aspects of construction projects from pre-construction to warranty walk-through
- Review contract documents and discuss design specifics with Architects and Engineers
- Prepare estimates for both private and public work at all stages of design
- Negotiate and execute contracts and change orders with Subcontractors and Owners
- Lead Brennan Companies’ internal team, including Accounting, Contract Assistant, Superintendent, and Interns
- Lead meetings with Owners and Architects to discuss project changes and resolve outstanding questions
- Manage the overall financial health of projects, including reviewing and approving subcontractor invoices, tracking budgets and profits, submitting/tracking Owner pay applications
- Oversee project safety and mitigate project risks
- Direct and coordinate project schedule and milestones
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high standards of quality and safety
- Hold internal team and external subcontractors and supplies accountable for scope of work, quality, and project schedule.
What Brennan Offers:
Brennan Companies strives to provide a generous compensation and benefits package to help you stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a great work/life balance. Salary based on experience. Our benefits include:
- Company-paid family health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Company-paid life insurance policy
- Company-paid short term disability
- Uncapped bonus incentive
- Paid holidays and PTO
- Car allowance
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
- Prior experience in Commercial Construction in a management capacity, including as a Subcontractor, Design / CA, or General Contracting
- Prior experience with wood frame construction or public bid work.
- Familiarity with project management software, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, iSqFt, and BlueBeam
- Understanding of Commercial Construction procedures – Change orders, RFIs, AIA General Conditions, etc.
- Understanding of quantity takeoffs and estimating principles
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Familiarity with various construction delivery methods, including Lump Sum, Cost Plus, and Design / Build
- Valid drivers license, acceptable driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle